Instructions after composite filling
After getting a composite filling, it’s important to follow some post-operative instructions to ensure proper healing and longevity of the filling. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Avoid eating or drinking anything for at least 3 hours after the filling while it is frozen.
- It’s common to experience sensitivity to hot or cold foods and drinks for a few days after the filling. Avoid consuming anything too hot or too cold to minimize discomfort.
- Avoid chewing on the side of your mouth where the filling was placed for at least 24 hours.
- Maintain good oral hygiene habits, including brushing twice a day and flossing daily, to prevent further decay and keep the filling in good condition.
- Avoid consuming any hard, sticky, or chewy foods for at least 24 hours after the filling is placed.
- If you experience any pain or sensitivity that lasts longer than a few days, or if the filling feels high or uncomfortable, contact your dentist for an evaluation.
By following these post-operative instructions, you can help ensure a smooth recovery and long-lasting results from your composite filling. If you have any questions or concerns about your filling or the recovery process, don’t hesitate to contact your dentist for guidance.